- Learn how to use a carseat, and learn how to buckle your child in the right way. It makes me cringe to think that Mom's who don't buckle to chest piece, on the CHEST. It is called a CHEST piece, not a Stomach Piece. The top part on the seat belt should be even to your child's underarms. I'm sure none of these moms know that if dropped in the car seat, or if a wreck may happen, that CHEST piece can cause internal bleeding if left over the stomach and not positioned the right way.
- People think just because you can start forward facing your child at one year, that it's okay to do it. It's a free country I know, but I feel bad that those children have a lesser chance of living in a car accident just because their parents want them forward facing. REAR FACE YOUR KIDS UNTIL AT LEAST 2.
- If you're going to "wear" your baby, make sure you're doing it right. The carrier should be ABOVE your hips.
I know there is more, but that's all I can think of right now. Sigh. Sad.
Now you know I know nothing about baby stuff.. but side eye to people who wear babies below the hips. WTF.
ReplyDelete