6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
This sounds clique being a military spouse, but it's the truth. I've had many family members and friends pass away, but I don't think I've ever had anything put such an impact on my life than when Wil left for deployment. I had only been with him for a few months, and I felt like he was being ripped right out from underneath me. I wasn't ready for my fairy tale to end.
From the moment I met Wil, I knew we had something special. When we decided to ditch out on bowling and go to a movie, our world changed. We had to wait almost an hour for the movie to start, so Wil drove me around Jacksonville to show me around. We had so much in common it was almost too weird. I knew we were made for each other, we were soul mates and I knew it.
Watching him walk onto that bus and having to say goodbye almost killed me, or at least it seems it did. I wasn't repaired for what was going to happen, I didn't realize the feelings that would come over me that night. I didn't know how to say "Good bye" to something I didn't want to say good bye to. It was almost like being able to control saying goodbye to someone who was about to die unexpectly. I felt like I wanted to scream and tell them not to take him away from me, but I had no other choice. I knew he had to leave, and it physically hurt me.
I never thought I could miss someone so much with my whole body and soul. I never had the passion for someone, or love for someone that I did Wil (and still do). My best friend had left me and I felt like half of me was physically not with me. I wasn't complete. I never felt 100 percent until the day I was in Wil's arms again. Homecoming was one of the best experiences of my life. I had to do a lot of sacrificing, but homecoming was definitely worth the wait. I will never feel the feeling you have at homecoming again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I adore comments!