Many of you are just starting to join in on reading my blog. So maybe I should refresh some? Beware of a long post ;)
My life was nothing close to simple before I joined in on the Military spouse fun. My parents are divorced, I lived with my Dad & little brother Cody because my mom couldn't raise us do to drugs. My dad dated a woman who became my "mom figure", who brought 4 kids along with her. They couldn't stay together as a couple. but stayed together as business partners. I got 3 amazing sisters out of it, an amazing little brother, and an amazing niece. I was a highschool drop out, took my GED, and then a beauty school drop out. I had a best friend, who has been there my whole life (literally), and she married a Marine. She was leaving home and I thought my world was crashing down.
I quit my job and went on vacation to North Carolina with her. She lived in North Carolina but her husband was in California doing training for a month, to get ready for his deployment to Afghanistan. She had been through a deployment before, so I knew she would be okay. I was ready for this vacation, to get away from Illinois for just a week. I couldn't wait. We would drive down together, and two weeks later we'd come back home since her & her husband were going back to Illinois for pre-deployment leave. Who would say no to a free vacation to the beach? I sure didn't.
A year ago today, we left for North Carolina. Who knew it'd change my life forever? After a week and a half of being in NC, Kody and his unit came home from California. The next day he told me someome saw me at the Barracks when we were picking him up, that wanted to meet me. I invited this stranger to go bowling with the group of us that night, and that's when I met Wil. Oh how different my life is now.
I met Wil, fell head over heels in love with him, he flew to Illinois, I flew to NC, I went to Jersey with him, and then he left. He deployed and my heart was broken but I stuck by his side the whole time. I couldn't imagine not doing so. I can't believe it's been a year today that I left for NC from Illinois and had no idea my life would be completely different a year later. A deployment, Married, our own place, a dog, living on our own, living in NORTH CAROLINA away from my family, a miscarriage. A lot of shitty things have happened to Wil and I, but we're stronger together, and I love him more than I did the day I met him, the day I married him, and more than I did yesterday.

Your life has turned out pretty amazing girly :) I am so happy for you.
ReplyDelete