I should have known this weekend would be an amazing one, when I got off work early, Friday. The kids I babysit were off to their dad's for the weekend, and he wanted to pick them up early, so I was home by 3:30, which was awesome. Wil was home just a short hour after me, which made me even happier. He was upset that I ate one of those mini pizza's when I got off, because he was hoping to get Chinese. I wasn't stopping him, I could eat more in a few hours! haha! So we ordered chinese, picked it up, went to Walgreens and got some Ben & Jerry's, got home and cuddled up to a movie. It was a good bonding time, Friday night. I enjoyed it more than going out :)
Saturday morning I of course woke up, wide awake, at 7 AM. I ate breakfast, watched some Criminal Minds, and let Wil sleep in until 9:00. We took his uniform in to get Altered, and headed to an Animal Shelter in Jacksonville. We are thinking about getting another dog, but we want it to be the perfect match for our family. We're wanting a puppy, because we already have Charlie, and we want to train it to be OK with other dogs. If we had the money, I'd really love to have another Bullie, a little girl! It would be nice to save up for one! :) We visited the Shelter, but no luck. I'm not used to visiting kill shelters, and it was really upsetting that the whole time we were there, I knew 95 percent of those animals would die in just a few days. It's so upsetting. People were dropping more animals off while we were there, then animals were getting adopted. I don't understand how people can do it. If you can't keep/take care of a dog, don't get one in the first place! It's so depressing.
We were on our way home when Wil spotted "Lejuene Motorsports". I thought he was looking at the awesome orange Mustang that caught my eye, but of course not. He made a U-turn and we ended up at the Motorcyle place, for about an hour. He found one he LOVED and they said they'd trade it for my car! (Which is the plan, since I'll have Wil's SUV to drive and he'll have the bike, and it'll save us a lot of money!)
We went home, ate lunch, I changed because I was SUPER hot, went to a car place to get my car apprasialed, and headed back to the Motorcycle place. Unfortantly, they say my car is only worth 2,000. I thought it would be more, because Kelley Blue book placed it at 4,100. Now all we have to do is finace the bike at Navy Fed, and wait for my dad to mail us my car title.
We spent time evening taking Charlie to Emerald Isle Beach. We visited Ben & Jerry's too of course :) Can't you tell I'm addicted? We came home, watched a movie, and relaxed.
This morning we woke up, and hung around the house. We got ready for the day, and then visited Hammack's beach in Swansboro. You have to ride a ferry to the beach which I love! But the walk from the dock to the actual beach was almost a mile long, and sucked! Especially on your way back when you're all wet and sandy. No fun! We came home, made Hamburgers & french frys for dinner, now it's laundry & relaxing time!
I love my weekends with my hubby so much, I just wish they could be a little longer. I hope everyone else is enjoying their weekends! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I adore comments!