08 March, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring, I SHOULD be snoring.

I'm literally so tired I can barely keep my eyes open but it's only 7 PM and I just cannot let myself go to sleep this early for two reason. 1. I'll most likely wake up at some god awful time like 4 AM. 2. I can't miss Teen Mom 2 at 9!

I need y'all's advice though.

I was pretty young and dumb awhile back and decided to get a credit card for this retail store called Maurices. I had a job at the time and everything, so I wasn't worried about it. After I quit my job and stopped making payments I wasn't worried about it. I wasn't worried about it at all, for a whole year, until recently when I realized I'm probably going to have some shitty credit if I don't do something about it soon, and it could possibly mess with Wil and I in the future. So I brought it up with Wil and long story short, he's sending me money after the 15th and I'm canceling that baby after I pay it off.

Wil's birthday is in 11 days! He's been wanting these sunglasses that are 140 bucks, and he told me he was gonna buy them for himself for his birthday. Today I asked him if he bought them yet, because they would be sent to my house and I would mail them to him, since of course a lot of companies don't ship to Afghanistan. He informed me at the time that I asked him that he wasn't buying them anymore. I was totally confused and asked why he wasn't and he replied "credit card babe". I feel so completely horrible it's not even funny. I feel like it's MY fault that he isn't getting his sunglasses now because we have to pay off MY credit card. He told me our future together is more important than some sunglasses, but I still feel so guilty. I don't know how to make it better.

I hope everyone is having a better day than I am. I've been so tired and blah all day. I'm also in that mood where I'm so hungry but I have NO idea what to eat! Goodness gracious I'm ready for this day to be over with.

2 comments:

  1. I think that says a lot about how much he loves you and cares about your guys future. He isn't seeing it as YOURS he is seeing it as OURS and doing what he needs to to take care of it. I understand you feeling guilty though. Maybe make him something extra special for his birthday. I made a "52 Reasons I love you" book for my hubby while he has been in Afghan. He just loves it and all the other guys are jealous. You can check it out under my crafts section on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the credit card - it'll looks a LOT worse on your credit to cancel your card than it would to pay it off completely and keep it open. And when I say keep it open, I mean cut it up but don't cancel it because that looks shitty on your credit. Cody has a Kay card we opened for my ring, it's cut up & paid off but it's still open because it looks good to have more cards than unpaid credit. We have 3 total including the Kay card. Two are through our bank, Navy Fed, and I really wish we didn't have them but we're building our credit and it's gotta happen at one point in your adult life. We also have a car loan (as of a week or so ago) & it looks very good on your credit. Really, how many 21 & 22 yr olds do you know that have 2 active cards then get cleared with flying colors for a car loan because we keep up with our payments.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!