I'm supposed to be keeping this on the down low, but y'all are an exception. I don't remember what day it was..last Friday maybe? Yes, because it was there in that recruiters office that I heard about the Sandy Hook shooting.
We went to the Air Force recruiters office. He was nice. He was informative, and he was interested in Wil. I learned a lot at that 'meeting'. I'm glad I decided to tell Wil I wanted to join him when he went to talk to him.
Basically short and sweet, Wil has until August-October (2013) to get into shape (which is a whole other story I'll get into at the end of this blog post. That is when the year end is for the military, and that is when the except most people. There are open spots for previous service men, especially in Special Forces, which is what Wil wants.
The one thing that is holding Wil back, or COULD keep him from joining the Air Force, is his tattoo. His giant tattoo on his right fore arm. He got it before he deployed in 2010 in Illinois when he was visiting me for a week. Supposedly in the Air Force you can't have a body part 25% covered, and well, that's like my than 50% covered. The recruiter said it's like a 10% chance it will effect Wil, because they make exceptions for previous service men, and they REALLY need Special Forces right now, BUT like ALL military, there are NO promises.
So, that is where we stand right now.
Now with the getting in shape. Wil and I are both going on a diet/fitness plan starting January 1st. I will be documented my weight lost on YouTube, so GO CHECK IT OUT!! :)
I'll keep y'all posted as much as I can! Thanks for sticking around, xoxo :-*
How exciting! Hope it all works out for you!
ReplyDelete