13 August, 2012

6 week PP & PP depression

Audrey turned 6 weeks last week, on the 7th of August, which made me 6 weeks postpartum. I was in Delaware and wasn't in town to have my 6 week appointment on time, so I went for my appointment today!

I've been able to see the same doctor that delivered Audrey for all my appointments so far which I've been happy about! She's my favorite out of the group and I feel 100 percent comfortable with her, which I was worried about when looking for a doctor here since I was so comfortable with my doctor from back home in Illinois.

So, all is good! I can go back to normal activity! I was put on birth control and told to not over board with working out like crazy right away, but everything is good! I weigh 150, so that means I've lost 30 pounds so far (I weighed exactly 180 the day I had Audrey - before delivery). I have 30 more pounds to lose before I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight!

I also started Zoloft today. I was on Zoloft before I got pregnant the first time, and never got back on it after my miscarriage before I got pregnant with Audrey.

I had always had anxiety problems, but they were really bad when Wil was deployed, and the anxiety wasn't all about him. I would have anxiety attacks about not wanting to open the front door for the pizza delivery man. It was awful. I finally talked to my doctor about it and I was put on Zoloft and Xanex.

After Wil got home my anxiety went way down, but I didn't stop my Zoloft until I got pregnant. During my pregnancies I didn't have Zoloft because I didn't feel it was okay to take medications like that - not judging people who do - I just didn't feel like it was okay for ME to do it.

I didn't feel like I had anxiety like I encountered in the past during my pregnancy. After I had Audrey so many people told me about postpartum depression, but I swore I didn't have it and that I wouldn't get it.

It's just as easy to get postpartum anxiety as well as postpartum depression. Wil and I fight over the dumbest things because I overreact, then if he doesn't apologize for something he didn't even do, I cry. I cry for hours for no reason.

I finally gave in and told my doctor what has been going on today, and she put me back on Zoloft. I'm hoping it helps! Other then that everything is going well. My mom - yes my REAL mom - is coming into town Friday for 4 days..we'll see how it goes, and I'll let you all know about her visit!

1 comment:

  1. i got put on zoloft too! i would start fights with rob over absolultely nothing.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!