Sucks.
The first two nights were bliss, seriously. She would sleep/eat on demand throughout the day (which is usually 2-3 super long naps and eat about 3-4 times. At around 8:30 we would give her a bath (wipe her down and Jammie's if it wasn't a bath night), make her a bottle, give her gas medicine, feed her, then rock her to sleep to "white noise" (which is a music tone on her MamaRoo).
She would fall right to sleep and it was amazing. She would sleep a good solid 5-5 1/2 hours of sleep and wake up around 2 AM. I would change her, feed her, then rock her. She would be back to sleep within an hour. Then she would sleep until 6:30-7, wake up, want to be feed and snuggled with. This time she doesn't go to sleep as easily, so we Co- sleep at this point which isn't my favorite thing in the world but I'll do anything for an extra few hours of sleep! She gets all cozzied up and we sleep from 7ish until 9-9:30 and we wake up for the day. Audrey eats again, we watch Maury and Jerry Springer, then she usually falls asleep for a morning nap for a good 3-4 hours.
This was our nightly routine for two beautiful days..then I screwed it all up.
My dad and brother came into town. We were driving around on Saturday running errands before we picked the up from the airport (yes this is when Wil decide to venture to a store an hour away that doesn't exist.) So Audrey slept ALL day in the car. We got home, she had her normal bedtime routine then I did the dumbest thing ever. I woke her up at 10 to go to the airport to pick my dad and brother up. She then proceeded to stay awake ALL. NIGHT. LONG. For not just that night, but for all the nights after that, and I'm smacking myself for it.
Last night was a tiny bit better. Fingers crossed I can get this shit back on track. Pray for me, because of you know what 3 hours of sleep feels like, you'll understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I adore comments!