On Sunday, July 1st, we finally got to take our little girl home from the NICU. Since then we've been SO busy that I haven't really been able to update. So, I'm trying to do a little post while Miss. Audrey naps and my pizza is cooking, since this is the second day in a row I realized I hadn't ate until 3 PM...
At a week old, Audrey's belly button stump fell off, and yes I threw that sucker away. I know some people save EVERYTHING, but that is one thing I just couldn't bare to keep. Yuck, her teeth will be enough for me. She now weighs 6 pounds 15 oz. She was 6, 14oz at birth, but dropped down to 6 pounds 7 ounces in the NICU (which is totally normal).
I have no idea how much weight I have lost, but here is what the body is looking like so far. This is literally be doing NOTHING, a week later :
I am almost completely back to my flat stomach, but I have some problem areas for sure, and some flap...EVERYWHERE. I am pretty happy with the fact that I don't have any stretch marks on my stomach though, besides where I had my belly button pierced before. It stretched out big time and isn't so cute now, but oh well.
Wil and I are both exhausted, but we are so in love with our little family. I couldn't imagine doing this without him. I'm healing well from my c-section, but it definitely took a toll on my body and I'd be lost if he wasn't around, and pretty helpless.
Breast feeding is basically non existant. When she was in the NICU it was impossible to even try, and then once she got home she was too lazy to suck. She would latch, but after that she just wouldn't do anything because she was so used to the bottles and not having to do all that work. I'm still pumping and giving her breast milk while still supplimenting with formula, but unfortantly, she's going to be on full force formula soon which breaks my heart, because my milk isn't coming in as it needs to be, and is slowly disappearing.
We had to buy her gas drops because she has gas SO bad and is completely miserable at times, and she NEVER poops which I'm sure doesn't feel great either. Other then that, everything is good.
Here are some pictures to enjoy :







She is the cutest thing EVER!! (: I love all of her little outfits! Especially the July 4th one! too precious!
ReplyDeleteYou look so great btw! I bet moms everywhere are jealous lol
Oh my goodness! Congrats! I somehow missed your last post. Best wishes in the coming weeks!
ReplyDelete