So I'm sure ya'll have been wondering where I've been..well, Audrey was born! This is going to be my labor and delivery story, but it has a lot to lead up to it, so hopefully you can stand reading this..
Tuesday the 19th of June I was having contractions and decided to make a trip to the hospital. When I got there, they decided to keep me over night, but because of my blood pressure, not contractions. The next morning my doctor made me promise I would stay inside in the AC, and come into the office on Friday just to check my BP again. So, I did what I was told and went in on Friday morning when they decided I needed another 24 hours in the hospital because they still weren't happy with my BP.
So Wil and I went home, got 24 hours worth of clothes/stuff, and headed in. We never imagined what we would have to deal with in the next four days. So we spent Friday night in the hospital, Saturday night, and then finally Sunday night when we finally got some anwsers. We actually spent our first year wedding anniversary in the hospital on Sunday, which sucked big time. Monday morning I was told I had a slight case of Pre Eclampsia, and that they were inducing me...THAT DAY. So, we called our close family, and they started cervadil (A drug they put INSIDE your vagina to get you to thin your cervix, so you can begin to dilate). The cervadil had to be in for 12 hours before they could check me. I started the process out not dilated at all, and barely thinned.
After the first 12 hours, the cervadil was taken out and I was checked. It did NOTHING, so they inserted another. The next day, Tuesday, at about 5 PM they finally took the second one out after 12 more hours, to find out that NOTHING had happened again. My doctor was beginning to worry and told me I'm basically not able to be inducable, and that I would have to get a C- Section. I was no longer allowed to eat, and my C- Section was scheduled for 9:30 PM that night. We tried to pass up time whiched seemed like forever, and after being bumped about 30 minutes to an hour due to an emergency, I was walking down the hallway towards the OR.
When we got to the OR they did my spinal tap, got me ready, and had Wil come in. The C-Section literally was the worst thing in the world. The medicine made me feel so tired and nauseas, and I was shaking like CRAZY and couldn't stop. I just didn't like the feeling, and I was ready to call it quits and tell them to just keep Audrey inside me forever.
After what seemed like forever, my beautiful daughter, Audrey Ann Faye Rork, was born on June 26th, 2012 at 11:17 PM. She weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces, and was 19 inches long. She was born at exactly 37 weeks. Audrey had some lung problems and was taken to the NICU, and I was taken to recovery. Finally after a week in the hospital, Wil and I were discharged today, (Saturday, June 30th). Audrey has one more night in the NICU then we will be picking her up tomorrow!
Here are some pictures :
I'm so thankful for my little family, and my wonderful husband. He has been such a blessing the past week and has stood by myside through all of it and helped me through it all. I love them both more then anything! :)




Oh she is sooo precious! She is definitely s mini you!!! (:.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that she's here & both of you are doing well! <3
Congratulations!!!!! (:
congratulations! she is beautiful!! :)
ReplyDelete