30 April, 2012

Well, I'm writing this a head of time of course. Hopefully I'll be able to do a pregnancy blog once I get to New Jersey, but this is officially my last blog post that I will post while in North Carolina. Well, actually, I may not be in North Carolina anymore when it is actually posted...but I wrote it while sitting in my living room in North Carolina. You get the gist.

Today is Thursday. It's my only day free of anything, and I'm trying to soak it in, but I know I have so much more cleaning and packing to do. I keep telling myself "it can wait until this weekend", but I have a strong feeling after I watch "Ellen" I'm going to be a cleaning machine!

Everything is set, except of course Elecrtic to be shut off because my husband hasn't got to that yet. Speaking of my husband, today is his last FULL day working as a Marine. He will be a "Marine" until May fourth, but he goes on terminal leave tomorrow and leaves base at Noon, so today is his last full day actually working (which work to him is sitting around, seriously, they're not doing anything right now because his battalion is about to deploy again).

But, back to what I was saying...Everything is scheduled to be turned off except electric. Tomorrow I do all last minute errands (getting the oil in the car changed, getting cashier checks for all the cleaners coming Monday, etc.). We have to turn in our cable box & internet router on Saturday before noon, so that explains why this will be my last post, then after we turn that in, we pick up the Budget Truck at 1. Let me tell all you lovlies moving soon, SCREW UHAUL! Budget truck is SO much cheaper!

Saturday night is Wil's going away party at a local Irish Pub in Swansboro, then Sunday we're gathering all our hungover friends to pack up our furniture and boxes that are crowding my dining room. We will leave only our matress on the floor to sleep with, and our toothbrushes in the downstairs guest bathroom, and pack up all our last minute things Monday morning while waiting for the carpet cleaners; once they get there, we're off to New Jersey.

We are saying good bye to a chapter in our lives. A short chapter for me, but definitely a chapter that has changed my life for the good, and bad. I will never forget the USMC. The USMC brought Wil and I together, it's almost broke us apart. It's trials were strong and hard, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's had a huge impact in my life. It's bitter sweet to say Good bye to the USMC, but I'm more than ready. I'm ready to move on with our lives, have our first child together, start school, and see where the road takes us.

Thank you ladies coming this far in our journey with us. Thank you for being there through the deployment, the move, the marriage, the vacations,TTC,  the miscarriage, TTC after our miscarriage, my pregnancy with Audrey so far, and now moving to a different state once again, without my family around. Thank you for being my friends, my support, and my shoulder to lean on. You guys really do mean a lot to me, you've made these journeys with me, and I hope you will countiue to journey along the way with us.

I should now be on my way to New Jersey, to start our new lives. I hope to let you all know how this adventure goes soon, because let's be honest, it's most likely not going to go as smooth as I'm hoping it to be! :)





-----Okay so maybe I wrote this too soon. This post, well that up there ^ was written yesterday, Thursday. Right now it's Friday at 5:41 PM. My whole super awesome plan that I had written out and memorized in my head has already turned upside down. In order to move, we have to have a car dolley for one of our cars along with a moving truck, simple right? WRONG. I scheduled a reservation with Budget Trucks on MONDAY, MONDAY PEOPLE...THAT IS FIVE DAYS AGO. Not to mention it was like, before noon on Monday. So, I reserve this car dolley, and a 16 ft' truck, that needs picked up on Saturday (TOMORROW) at 1:00 PM. Okay, everything was good to go....until today. FRIDAY. AT. 5:00 PM. WHEN. EVERYTHING. IS CLOSING. Guess what?

Budget truck doesn't have a car dolley for us, but we need one, because we have TWO cars. So what do we do? Oh they don't know. We're SOL. So, basically we called God and everywhere, and we have to use Uhaul. Please, Uhaul, please keep up your part of the deal. You better be available at 11:39 tomorrow morning or we're gonna have some serious probs. .....to be countiued. -------

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments!