04 April, 2012

25 weeks

So I did an update on Monday and I was just waiting until I wasn't lazy to take a picture to publish the post, but I just deleted it all. I don't think I've been completely honest with everyone because I'm kind of embarassed. So, here goes a real, 100 percent, pregnancy update as of TODAY :

How far along : 25 weeks and 1 day
Baby is the size of a : Rutabaga; 13.5 inches long, 1.5 pounds
Belly button : It's not quite popped, but it's definitely not as deep as it used to be pre-pregnancy. I don't even want to try and explain my hideous scar from my piercing.
Wedding rings : Still on, but the heat has made my hands a little swollen. I used to be able to take them both off at the same time, but now I have to do it one at a time.
Stretch marks : I have a few on my butt (right cheek, I'm sure you were curious.) and my boobs are covered in them.
Maternity clothes : I bought some shorts that I had shipped to Texas I'm pretty excited about, and I bought some large tank tops from Old Navy I'm in love with already! I'm trying my hardest to stay clear of actual maternity clothes because they're so dang expensive!
Weight : This is a scary subject, and it's kind of something I've put off really talking about. Even though I technically weighed 130 when I got pregnant this time, I was about 120 a few months before then. If I want to weigh what I did then after pregnancy so FAR, I already have 30 pounds to lose. At my last appointment I weighed 149, and that's 20 pounds plus. So, yeah..I've gained about 30 pounds so far, if not more.
Sleep : It's really not great, but it's sleep.
Movement : She's a ninja!
Food Cravings : I ate two giant spoon fulls of chocolate icing last night after dinner which was fabulous. Crushed ice, water, popcicles.
Anything making you sick or queasy : Ice cream doesn't sound good at all unless it's from Ben & Jerry's.
Symptoms : I get shooting pains in my boobs still. My back has been the devil the past week, and I do believe I get braxton kicks randomly. Also, at night time it feels like my morning sickness is trying to come back. I also burp acid stuff up which is super gross. I have a feeling my third trimester is going to be a giant nap.
Looking forward to : Finding out if Wil gets approved for his VERP package. If he does, April 19th will be my LAST OB appointment at the Naval hospital. Crazy.




1 comment:

  1. Hey don't stress over the weight. You are pregnant enjoy this time and know that you can work on your weight and yourself after the baby is born. This is just temporary and you want to have a healthy baby. You are young I am sure you will not have a problem losing the weight. You will be surprised at how much weight you lose without any effort once the baby is born. P.S. I gained 85 pounds and lost all plus some within 5 months.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!