9. List 10 people who have influenced your life, and how?
When I think about who has influenced my life, almost all of my influences have been in a negative, but good way. I've had more people do wrong things and I learned the hard way, other than learning good things from people. I'll start this off with good ones, but I'm not promising I have 10.
- My father. My father is the kind of man that will compliment you on your hair style at the grocery store, and be completely serious about what he is saying. He knows how to make someone smile, and he loves doing it. He's a teddy bear with a huge, kind heart. If you go to my home town, and ask about Coach Pope, I could be money 9/10 people you ask will know who he is, and have something good to say about him. It doesn't matter what race, gender, religion you are, my father will do anything for you. I could try to name all my brothers, but I seriously can't remember all their names. One name that comes in mind though is Jason. Jason was from the "hood" in my home town, where is mom decided drugs were more important. My father would make sure he had food, a place to sleep, and a way to school, football practice, and anywhere else he wanted to go. He may not be the same race as me, but Jason is my brother, and my dad taught me that it doesn't mean you have to be blood to love. He sacrificed so much for my brother and I when my mother left, and he is truly an amazing person, father, friend, brother, football coach, co-worker, boss, etc.
- My husband. My husband has taught me to love me for me. He has showed me that no matter what, I'm beautiful and I'm loved. He's taught me unconditional love and devotion. He is my rock, and I'd be lost without him. He is there when I need him, and even when I don't. He always has the best advice for me and will never tell me otherwise. He is so selfless and loving.
- Jaci AKA Mama J. Jaci has shown me that it doesn't matter where something comes from, it's all equal. It doesn't matter if you buy your clothes from Wal*Mart, or Coach, it's all made out of fabric. She showed me that helping other's isn't easy, and sometimes you have to sacrifice your own things for other people, and not to be selfish.
- My mother. My mother has showed me what not to do to be a good mother. My mother has taught me everything I could possibly do to be the worst mother ever, and I thank her for that. I'm glad she showed me what it felt like to not have a mother, and to feel like I did something wrong, and to not feel loved, just so I know what NOT to do to my children. She showed me that a mothers love can never be replaced, and it is a magical and delicate thing, and to show your children how much you love them, and how much you care about them, because if you don't they will forever be broken. Thanks to her, I will be nothing like her, and I will be the best mother to my children that they could ever imagine.
I love the way you describe your relationship with your Dad. Im glad you had that in your life. Yay Mr. Pope!!
ReplyDeleteAnd Im sorry.. wheres Charlie on this list?! Team Charlie!!