I'm so ready to get so many horrible comments and replies to this, but this is my opinion and I am free to say it. If you have something to say, I do request you do it under your name. If you agree, or disagree, I still won't have anything to say to you, nor will it change my opinion of you as a person. I agree everyone has their rights for their own thoughts and beliefs, so if yours is against mine, so be it. It won't hurt my feelings. All I have to say will be in this post, so please do not expect a reply to any comments.
Addiction is an addiction. You choose to drugs; crack, cocaine, heroine, cigarettes, weed, alcohol, etc. You choose to do this. My mother chose to leave her family because she decided cocaine was more important. She was addicted to it, simple as that. I was addicted to cigarettes, and I even still have cravings here and there. One thing I did not do was say these words; "I have a disease", because I smoked cigarettes. Do you want to know why I never said that? I never said that because an addiction is not a disease.
Cancer is a disease. Alzheimers, MS, etc. are diseases. You do not walk up to cancer and say "Hey, I want you." You cannot say "NO" to cancer. You cannot say "NO" to ANY "DISEASE".
What you can say no to is though, a drug. A drug that causes addiction. Drugs are not diseases. You have a choice to say "Hey, I want that needle in my arm.", "Hey, I want to smoke that joint". Some people will argue with me and say "But you can't so "No", because you are addicted to it."
Actually, you are more than able to get in the car, and go to rehab, conslusing, or anything else for that matter. You were not forced to say "HEY, GIVE ME A DRUG". You CHOSE totake those drugs.
An addiction is an addiction. Stop trying to make people feel sorry for you because you think you have a "disease" when you were just too stupid to say "NO" in the first place.
Couldn't agree more. I didn't even realize people tried to push that off as a disease. It's a CHOICE. You chose to make those decisions and keep those habits. It might be hard to quit some, but you have the option to quit them. You CAN'T quit an actual disease.
ReplyDelete