15 January, 2012

One Up-ed

Maybe it's my hormones getting the best of me, but one of my biggest pet peeves if feeling as if someone is always trying to one-up me. You know, like try to get something bigger and better than I did, or do something I did but try to do it better right after. I just don't think it's right.

I was really happy when Kerri got pregnant, but I didn't even think how strange it was that it was right after I announced Wil and I were actually actively trying to get pregnant after my miscarriage that she decided to. A month before her and her husband started to try, they said the didn't want to try for another year or so..but then right changed their minds right when we announced it. I didn't even notice this until recently though.

Then it started to really get to me when she'd ask me questions about pregnancy, but then turn around and act like she already knew the anwser and I was wrong. Yesterday she asked me how many weeks pregnant I was. I said about 13 and 1/2 weeks. She then said "Oh well how many months are you then?" and I said "Four." BECAUSE - it's different. In pregnancy term, you're four months pregnant at 13 weeks. I know it doesn't add up, but I'm just listening to my gyno. Then she says "Oh I thought you had to be 15 weeks to be four months, then decided to try and argue with me. Why would she even ask me how many months I was if she thought I was three months anyways? I just think it's pointless and stupid. It makes me feel dumb, when I'm the one who's actually right.

Then today, was my last straw. After I told Wil how BADLY I wanted a Kia Optima, and how much I loved it, and just would do anything for it...Kerri decided that's the new car she wants. Because you know, since we're looking to get a new car, they are too now. She decided she wants the Kia Optima and she's getting it. The best part is, she will. Because some how, they'll be able to afford a 29,000 dollar car unlike us. WAIT - but then it gets worse. I said "You know what, I want to look at the Hyundai's". I really liked the Sonata. Welp, now her pick is between the Kia Optima, or the Hyundai Elantra, AFTER I DECIDED I LIKED THE ELANTRA BETTER TODAY IN THE FUCKING PARKING LOT.

Yep. Cool. I didn't talk for the rest of the day. I was so upset. I feel like I'm always getting one up-ed by people. Whatever I say I like, and know I'll never be able to get, someone else is going to get it and shove it in my face. ugh.

I'm getting my baby bedding custom made. She probably will too now. Cool.

2 comments:

  1. Just be flattered. You are someones inspiration. :)

    No but seriously, I had a friend like this. She didn't want to get married, until I got married. Then when she got pregnant, I was suddenly not cool because I wasn't pregnant. She basically wanted us to have identical lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's annoying. if you decide on a different car, don't tell her until you are actually able to get it or just tell her about an 'ugly' car you want, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!