When I first started this blog, it was ALL about being a Marine girlfriend, because Wil was deployed. I found a quiz going around that a few of the blogs I read are doing, so I decided "Why not?!" I need to talk about Wil some on this blog too! So, if you can handle the LONG ass blog this is going to be, stay tuned after the baby update to learn some stuff about Wil and I :)
How far along? THIRTEEN WEEKS!! Hello 2nd Tri <3
Total weight gain/loss: 8 pounds. I haven't been eating as well as I should..so my new goal is to eat more healthy things, because I do NOT want to blow up!
Maternity clothes? I wouldn't call them "Maternity", but yep. No longer can fit in ANY old clothes besides t-shirts and such. No jeans.
Sleep: I wake up often to pee. I'm starting to wake up around 5 AM SUPER hungry.
Best moment this week: Seeing my baby at the NT Scan!
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: Rice Krispie treats and Golden Corral.
Gender: Unknown, BUT we did the Red Cabbage Gender test and it came up to be a BOY, and for some reason I keep thinking boy now..we still have 7 weeks until we find out!
Labor Signs: No thank you.
Belly Button in or out? In!
Stretch marks? Around my boobs.
What I miss: Dr. Pepper when ever I want.
What I am looking forward to: My step mom buying the baby furniture for us! Then buying the bedding when we get our income tax check :)
You can check out my registry so far at Babiesrus.com if you want. Search under Registrant "Candice Rork" and maiden is Pope :) Feel free to buy stuff too..haha just kidding!
Okay, now for the military thingy. Hopefully I can go through all of this without stopping for lunch!
1. How did you and your spouse meet?
My best friend was married to a Marine who was in California for pre-deployment training. She was home in Illinois for the month he was away from North Carolina because she didn't want to be alone. She would go back to North Carolina for TWO weeks before coming BACK to Illinois with her marine for Pre-Deployment leave. She asked me if I wanted a free vacation, and if I'd drive down with her. Who would deny that? Wil saw me while we were picking Kody up from the barracks, and we met the next day when we all went bowling. Wil and I went and saw a movie because bowling was lame, and we have been unseperable - well besides deployment - ever since!
2. How old were you when you two met?
I was 18 and Wil was 21. My birthday is in October (we met in September), and his birthday is March. He's almost three years older than me.
3. How long have you been together?
Since September 2010. We met the beginning of September and became "official" Sep 25th. We've been married a little over six months.
4. Where are you and your spouse orgionally from?
I was born in Alton Illinois and lived there until I was 15. Later moved to Highland/Troy, Illinois, now my dad lives in Staunton, Illinois. They're all in Southern Illinois right next to St. Louis Missouri.
Wil is from Hawthorne NJ. I'm not sure if he lived in that same town when he was born, but he lived around there.
5. How did you feel about him joining the Military?
Wil was a marine for over two years when I first met him, I had no say in it. But, hearing about his high school past..I'm glad he made the decision because he's grown up a lot because of it.
6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training?
Parris Island, SC.
7. Has your spouse ever been deployed?
He had deployed to Afghanistan in 09, and Haiti the beginning of '10, but we weren't together then. He deployment November 2010 until June 2011 while we were together.
8. Have you ever been to his promotion ceremony?
WELL - If ya'll remember correctly I used to baby sit these two kids. I stopped by Breana's on our way to the ceremony when the little girl peed all over herself and her car seat..and I didn't bring a change of clothes. So nope, I didn't get to go.
9. Did you marry him before or after he joined?
After.
10. How long have you been a Military Wife?
Since June 24th, 2011.
11. How did your husband propose?
We KNEW we were getting married. We had to make the appointment at the court house like a month a head of time, but we knew two months after he was in Afghanistan we were getting married, but we didn't say we were "engaged". He came home, and we went and looked at rings but didn't buy one. One our way to Jersey he stopped by the Mall to get a Marine Grandpa T-shirt because his grandpa passed away and we had the funeral to go to, and he wanted to put that in the casket. I stayed in the car. A few days later we went to the park under the George Washington bridge and walked Charlie on the trails. We stopped for a break at a piknic table and he got down on one knee. Even though I knew we were getting married, he still surprised me with the proposal. :) We were engaged for less than a week ;) haha!
12. Where did you get married?
Madison County Court house in Edwardsville, Illinois ;) classy.
13. How old were you two when you got married?
I was 19 and Wil was 22.
14. Did he wear his uniform on your wedding day?
No. He wore a dress shirt and pants. Wil may be a Marine, but that doesn't define him.
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed?
Camp Lejuene, North Carolina
16. Do you live on Base?
No, but we tried too. Wil wasn't going to be "In" much longer so they wouldn't allow us. We live about 30 minutes from base.
17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first seperation?
We haven't been sperated since we've been married; but we were together three months when he delpoyed.
18. What is your favorite base so far?
We've only been to this one, he's never been stationed anywhere else.. and never will be.
19. Do you think your man looks good in his uniform?
Um. What woman DOESN'T think their man looks good in ANYTHING? especially their uniform! ;)
20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life?
I don't understand how it could be more advanced? Maybe I just don't understand the question.
21. Do you like the benefits you recieve as a Military dependent?
I guess. I'm thankful for them, yes, but my husband fights for them.
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
No. I could count them on one hand.
23. What is the hardest part of Military life?
I don't enjoy Wil's work hours at time, and I don't enjoy not being able to see family whenever we please. The worst is definitely deployments.
24. Do you own any military wife thing?
I have Marine GIRLFRIEND t-shirt and sweatshirt that I don't wear anymore..and I have regular USMC hoodies that doesn't say wife or anything. I did have decals on my car when I had a car..
25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the Military?
Of course I do. I support him in whatever he chooses to do.
...Now it's time for lunch and to figure out what I want to do with my life once I get to Jersey. Ugh!
1. You know Golden Corral has cotton candy. So I got two. Very bad.. but I paid my 11.99 so I'll get what I want.
ReplyDelete2. I am actually going to look at your registry because I'm nosy and curious and living vicariously through you.
3. Interesting about deployment to Haiti. So glad Wil is getting out so you can enjoy your baby together. I'm sure it would have been fine if he stayed in.. but at least you don't have the worry now. Again, living vicariously through you.