05 December, 2011

A Non-Baby Update

I know lately all I have blogged about is little Rainbow Baby. Of course, the title may confuse you a little, because I do have some things to say about Rainbow baby. The first thing, is the name.."Rainbow Baby". I've completely fell out of the loop and forgot to tell you that until we know the sex, Rainbow Baby is our babies name. You probably already know from previous post that I am on the July Pregnancy board on Babycenter.com. As soon as I got pregnant I found it, and I love it. It gives a lot of information, and other pregnant woman that are due around the same time are also on the board. New mommies like myself, and some that are experience who give awesome advice! I kept seeing "Rainbow baby" and I didn't know what it meant, so I looked more into it. When someone calls their baby a rainbow baby, it means they have had a loss before. Either a child dies, a miscarriage, brighted ovum, anything that has to do with a loss. This new "Rainbow baby" brings joy into their life..like how a rainbow brings joy to you after rain. I thought it was cute, and I now call my little baby "Rainbow Baby"!

Another thing you probably most definitely know, is that my husband, Wil, is a Marine. I met Wil while I was on vacation with my best friend, Breana, who lived in North Carolina. Breana and I have literally know each other our whole lives. She married Kody, who is a marine, and moved to NC. She was home for a month while Kody was training in 2010. She was driving to NC, but then two weeks later her and Kody would come back home for Pre-Deployment leave..so I could drive with her for free, and have a free place to stay, and who turns down a FREE vacation? I didn't! I met Wil while on vacation here. So this means Wil and I are from two different states. I was born and raised in Illinois, and lived there my whole life. Wil was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, where he lived his whole life until the Marines. Where we were going to live when Wil got out of the Marines has always been in the back of my head, even before we married.

Until the other day, we still had no idea. We did Pros and Cons, and all the jazz, and I was still blank. For awhile, I thought we were moving back to Illinois, but the other day, it changed. We are moving to New Jersey when Wil gets out. We are also going to live with his parents for awhile. This took a lot of talking me into. I told Wil a few things that HAD to happen if I agreed to this..

  1.  We will not live with them longer than a year.
  2.  We will take all of the stuff out of his room now, and make it OUR room and the BABIES room. I will be able to decorate it how I want, even though it will be crowded.
  3.  Charlie has to be aloud there. (I think my dad will take Nahla until we have our own place.)
and last but definitely not least..He has to sell the bike and buy me a new car. Since we will be saving a lot of money, we will be able to afford car payments. I'm from Illinois, and I don't know if you're aware of this, but driving isn't scary there. It's boring and normal. It's never busy. I get scared in STL while driving. New Jersey is CRAZY when it comes to drivers. I don't know why, it just scares the piss out of me, and every time we visit there is ALWAYS wrecks going on. I told him he couldn't take the chance having a child. He can have the Sportage back, and I want a new car. Volkswagen Jetta.

So yeah..I told him I'd move to NJ for a new car. Silly, huh? haha! I also told him our room will mostly be a nursery because I want to decorate. He said he will tell his mom I can paint the room and everything, so I'm happy about that. I already have a plan in my head worked up ;)

So..that's it so far. Wil and I are going to move to New Jersey in June. We will both be going to the community college there, and we will both have jobs hopefully. Everything we own except our bedroom furniture will be put in storage. It doesn't seem real right now, but I'm actually kind of excited. I like seeing new places, but I know once it really does happen..I'm probably not going to enjoy it much at first. I'm just starting to get used to this place, and know where places are. Everythings going to be new and strange in NJ. I'm from Illinois, I'm a country girl with a weird accent that drives like a grandma in New Jersey.

Goodness Gracious..

2 comments:

  1. Aw Jersey better watch out :) I am sure you will love it either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll like NJ. I'm bias of course. As for the driving... lol- I think we drive normal. It's everybody else who drives crazy. If all else fails, move to South Jersey. It's slower, cheaper and more country as compared to North Jersey.

    I'm excited for you and to read about your life on the "other side" when he gets out.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!