01 December, 2011

Heat

I just turned our heat on for the first time. It's the first time I've ever turned the heat on in my own house. I put it at 73..I wonder if that's normal.

We turned off our A/C months ago. I seriously can't even remember when, but it's been a long time. I don't understand north Carolina weather so I've been confused. Some days it's 50 degrees out. Other days it's nearly 80. At night it can either be 70, 50, or 30! Who in their right minds would put the heat on when you have 70 degree weather?

Even though we will have 70 degree weather again, and probably sometime in the next week, I broke down and turned the heat on. It's been very cold at night. Sometimes so cold I feel like I can't stand it, even with two blankets on and my husbands body heat. I guess I did well waiting until December 1st to do it.

I will tell you one thing, keeping the air off for so long didn't do anything to our power bill. It stayed around the same amount which blew my mind. I thought not having the air on would save us a big chunk of change! I was wrong.

If I were in Illinois, our heat would have been on in September. Isn't that crazy? Oh how I miss home, but when we move from north Carolina, I will miss this weather! I am hoping for at least one or two snow days here. Last Christmas when Wil was deployed, Camp Lejeune closed down over like a half inch of snow. I used to drive through three feet of snow! Haha, it would be nice to have my husband at home for a few free days ;)

3 comments:

  1. I am wondering what "normal" heat temperature is as well. Mine is on 70. My Mom said 65-67 is "normal" (cheap).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always cold when the heats off and then when it's on, I get too hot. I'm never satisfied lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thermostat is on 65 but we are both warm natured and tightasses.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!