28 December, 2011

Announcing pregnancy on Facebook.

The first time I was pregnant I pretty much announced my pregnancy on Facebook right away. I would probably say five weeks along is when I posted "I'm gonna be a mama!" and put the pictures of the pee sticks up - yep I'm that girl.

This time around on the other hand, We waited until 10 and a half weeks. Most people wait it out until their second trimester, just in case of something going wrong. Even though it hurt me more than anything to post "Wil and I lost the baby" as my status, I'm very glad I had those people to lean on and to help me through such a rough time.

This time I just thought it would help me to wait a little. What I do not understand though, is not announcing on Facebook at all. Example; Wils cousin. She's not saying anything on Facebook and plans to just wait until she has the baby and to post pictures. Someone even posted on her wall (family who knew already) saying they were excited for her, and she deleted it.

I guess I have to learn my way isn't the only way, but it's going to take a long time to understand that. I just don't understand why you would delete it, or just not say anything to begin with? Are you not happy about your pregnancy? Because that's what it seems like to me.

Maybe I'm the idiot here, who knows, but I'll always post something so everyone's not all confused in 6 months when I say I'm in labor.

1 comment:

  1. Anything I say will make me sound like a hyprocrite because I have a blog, read blogs and have never been pregnant. RIGHT NOW- I think I won't share my pregnancy on my blog or FB. (I'll email you Candice, don't worry). But who the freak knows what I'll do when I have a baby. Probably shout it from the roof tops (if I can make it up there at the age of 87).

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!