16 November, 2011

First Ultrasound

This morning didn't go by nearly as slow as I thought it would. I just knew it would drag on, and on, but it didn't! We got to Coastal Diagnostics at 1:15. I filled out paper work, and sat there for another 15 minutes about to die over my full bladder. I seriously was about to pee all over that waiting room. No joke.

SO I go inside the Ultrasound room and the tech asked "Well why exactly are you here, is something wrong?" I told her "No, Nothings wrong yet." She then decided she wasn't even going to do the Ultrasound and she needed to talk to the lady up front. I said "Well ugh my doctor wants to see when I'm due because I'm not for sure of dates, and he wants to make sure it's not left over cells from my miscarriage in August." She said "Oh okay", and did the outter ultrasound first.

She saw the placenta, but that's it. She moved around and took a bunch of pictures, then I got to empty my bladder and strip! ;) I had a white sheet over me, don't worry! :)

So then she did an Transvaginal ultrasound. She saw the placenta, the yolk sack, and that's it. I'm measuring at 5 weeks and 1 day. She said that's totally normal not to see anything being so soon. I have another doctors appointment on Monday at 9:30 (Ashley..I'm dragging you with me to this!) and the doctor will give me information there, and then from there we will either schedule another U/S, or he'll just reffer me to my Ob/gyn! Yay!

So as of right now, everythings A-Okay. I'm just hoping for a heartbeat and to see a little something at my next U/S. I can't wait! I really pray every single day, I hope this baby sticks and grows big and healthy!

Thank you everyone for you prayers, it really means a lot. Keep praying!

5 comments:

  1. Having a full bladder for an ultrasound is the worst! I cant wait to hear how the next one goes. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's growing bigger and stronger everyday and you can see te little heartbeat on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay. Hoping that things continue to go well. And I think it's 8 weeks you can find the heartbeat. After 15 you can get a home doppler and listen to the heartbeat at home for peace of mind. That's what my friend is doing now. She's afraid of miscarrying. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's great! I had to get on here this morning just to see how everything went for you. I'll continue to keep you and baby in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!