I've had my ups and downs with dogs while growing up, so when Wil told me how much he wanted a puppy, my reaction wasn't exactly super excited like most people would be. I actually told him NO at first. Well how is that fair? I have Nahla, how can I bring an animal into this soon to be marriage and not allow him to have a pet? So I've given in. I told Wil we could get a puppy awhile ago. His dog of choice? Bulldog.
Then Wil decided we would get a puppy as soon as he gets home and once we have a house and everything settled in. Then we talked more about it and he thought we should wait until we get out of the Marine Corps which will be Summer 2012. Well, I guess today he decided he couldn't wait any longer. He showed me this guy:
and it was all over. I have to have him. First he wanted a sweet little girl but I thought about it. Every dog I haven't got along with, was a girl. I feel boys are easier to train. Nahla, my sweet fur daughter, has been around dogs, but only males. She gets along with them perfectly, and I don't want to ruin it by getting a female and her not getting along with her. I believe she likes being the only female, so I tend to keep it that way.
So, we are about 80% sure we are going to get this adorable little boy. Wil is going to make a down payment on him, and when he is avaiable to be shipped to me after April 9th, he'll be on his first plane ride to good ole' Illinois. I can't wait to see Wil's face light up even MORE at the Homecoming now. I really hope we get this adorable pup.
Now the only thing we are having a problem with is a name. Any suggestions?! So far we like Charlie or Hurley.


Awh, I told my husband the same thing no dogs. But I changed my mindd!
ReplyDeleteThis is the cutest little thing, and I think Charlie goes GREAT! (:
First off: HES ADORABLE!
ReplyDeleteSecond off: PHOEBE IS A GIRL AND YOU LOVE HER!
Thirdly: I cannot believe you're going to get a dog SHIPPED to you. Haha. Where is it? and you know you'll have to have me help you out :)
AH im so excited! :)
Oh my God, Adorable! I've always thought the name Winston would be adorable for a bulldog {ya know, like Winston Churchill} Hope you get him!!
ReplyDeleteHe is precious!!
ReplyDeleteHmmm, I like Charlie as well :) but I'll keep thinking and let you know what else I can come up with.