02 March, 2011

Packages!

WIL- DO NOT READ. THIS CONTAINS SURPRISES FOR YOU AND IF YOU RUIN THEM, I WILL BE MAD AT YOU.


So today Breana came to visit. We took Ayden to the park, but was way too cold for that. We went to dollar general and decided to buy some things to start Wil's birthday package since it's March 19th! :)

I ended up with 3 packages. One was just one of my pillow's he's been asking for, for months now..whoops. I made just to spray it down pretty nicely with my perfume ;)

I ended up making Wil a St. Patricks day one, which I don't have pictures of..because I was dumb and forgot to take them before I tapped it up. I wasn't going to make a St. Patricks day one, I even forgot about St. Patricks day all together until Breana reminded me earlier about it.

I made cake in jars for Wil's birthday. It's was super easy and fun! I highly recommend doing this for your men if he's deployed for his birthday. I bought mason jars from Dollar General for like 7 bucks. Here's the directions I used;

  1. Preheat oven to 400
  2. Use regular cake mix, and make as directions state.
  3. Spray mason jars with cooking spray so they don't stick.
  4. Pour mix into mason jars a little over 1/4th full. Mine were almost half.
  5. Place mason jars on cookie sheet in oven and let back for about 20-25 minutes.
  6. While baking, boil lids. (You need to do this for them to seal.)
  7. Once completely done (use tooth pick to check) take out of oven and quickly put the hot lids on and screw on fastly.
  8. Let cool and you will here a "Ping" sound when sealed, and the lids will look sunken down.
DO NOT ICE CAKE, it won't turn out pretty, I promise. Just send icing along in the package. oh & btw, send your men some forks and knifes! ;)




I took pictures of mine, again, after I had them packaged because I was dumb and didn't think about doing it before hand..so this is KIND of how it looks, but it's covered in bubble wrap.


His is special with his own little "Birthday Boy" ribbion ;) haha! I made 5 of them for all of the guys he shares a tent with, so they can have their own little party. I even sent them birthday games to play together!


Now all I have to do is wait for my Papa Joe to sign the card because everyone else has already, and then it will be sent off! :) So excited for Wil to get them! :)

Isn't it adorable?! Ah! :)

Hopefully Wil doesn't read this one and ruin my surprises. He reads my blog now, which I'm not too sure how I feel about it, but oh well. I rather not kind things from him.

4 comments:

  1. That's a really nice package.

    My Fiance loves, cake in a jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your care packages! When my hubby was in Iraq, another guy in his unit got on some list in some town and the entire town (not exaggerating) was sending the unit care packages. That meant I only got to send him two because he said they had too much stuff. :( But I did my best to include fun stuff.

    Don't forget to add things like magazines. My husbands unit emailed me with a list of ones they wanted (mostly gun related LOL!) And I also sent things like card games. They are portable and fun to play and gives them something to do... Oh, yeah, and they requested SCENTED hand sanitizers and lotions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cakes are so cute!! I haven't told my fiance that I blog yet, and I'm not sure when I will...its kind of weird having him read that stuff, even though he knows most of it anyways :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!