Okay so I may, or may not be over exaggerating. If I'm in the wrong at this entry, PLEASE tell me, so I can get over it.
When the awesome MySpace was around, I was all about the HTML stuff and having the most awesome layouts and coolest set up out of all my friends. I actually was like the "go to girl" for codes, questions, or help. I would get royally PISSED off when someone took the same layout, song, anything from my profile of mine. So then I was REALLY cool and added my own little "be origional, don't use my shit" section so I could let people know it ticked me off.
I'm starting to do the same thing with blog..I tell myself "You're 19, going to be 20 in just a few months, get over it. You're not 15 anymore." But seriously, it's not hard to think of your own stuff. I found a girl's blog that follows mine (I usually look at all my followers blogs and check up regularly even if I don't follow them) and her blog was like..my blog's twin. She even uses the same subjects on the SAME day as I do..like we're always blogging about them same thing for some reason but her post is always after mine. Coincidence or blog stealer? ha! I feel so childish even saying that..but really, I'm even thinking about changing my signature that I worked oh so hard on because for some reason this girl had to do the same exact signature as me, colors, ribbion, everything.
So, please tell me if I should just get over this and suck it up, or if I should do something about it? If I have to, I WILL change my colors and set up and everything ONCE again.
So until I get some feed back on this, I'm gonna sit here like a 5 year old, sulking and grumpy eating french fries in a strawberry shake. ugh!
I have a strong feeling I'm just being childish...

Ok, I do understand completely what you are saying. It would bother the crap out of me to. That said, nothing you have is copyrighted, so technically, she can steal away. Sucky, but true.
ReplyDeleteSo, if I were you, you can do one of two things:
You can politely email her about it. Explain that you are flattered, but a bit frustrated. And tell her that you would be happy to help her with all of your expertise. You could help her design a unique blog complete with signature that is all her own. :)
Or you can block her. Mean, I know, but sometimes you just gotta be passive aggressive about things. :)
I can't tell you which to do. It's up to you. :) But I would be irritated too, if I were in your shoes.
Have you ever thought of going into business designing blogs and signature for people? It would be a good way to help prevent this in the future. :)
Lol girl change your stuff! Leave you signature alone though! Its so cute!
ReplyDeleteyou aren't being childish. Shit, i'd be reacting the same way you are. It's a big deal to steal something someone else has worked so hard on. she didnt even ask to borrow any of your ideas. its not like you necessarily have this shit copyrighted, but it's basically like she's plagerizing. Unless she asks in the future or gives you credit on her page, then she needs to work on her own shit and stop being a copycat.
ReplyDeleteahh, copycat. now who's the 5 year old? haha :)
i kind of want to know who it was, lol.
ReplyDelete