08 May, 2012

100 percent natural birth

I'm afraid to say it aloud. I think I want to give birth 100% natural. I think I want a in hospital water birth. Ya know, in the birthing tub. I'm afraid to tell anyone. I think they'll laugh at me. I'm afraid to even say anything about it to Wil.

It's just been on my mind lately like its something I need to do, but I'm terrified that I'll need a C section like my mother did, and have to be knocked out from not getting an epidural.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I think you are crazy. :) I want drugs. Lots of drugs. The legal limit of drugs is what I want.

    BUUUT.. its ultimately your choice, obviously.. and Im wishing you luck and praying for you either way. AND.. if you have to get a c section.. don't worry. I think lots of times people get caught up on so many details. As long as they can get Audrey here safe.. at the end of the day.. none of it really matters. Don't feel defeated if it turns out in a way you didn't plan and you need all the drugs. But if you want the birthing tub- go ahead with your bad self, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it. Prepare yourself mentally because labor is hard work but don't let anyone tell you you can't do something. And they try to avoid knocking you out if you en up having a c section later. It's better to do the epi late unless it's an emergency. The sleep meds put the baby to sleep too but spinals and epidurals don't. Your body knows what to do. And its your daughters birth so dot let anyone tell you not to do what you want.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!