Whenever I visit home, and then have to leave again, my parents are always a mess. Literally my dad cries every single time which makes me into a freaking emotional wreck because well, if any of ya'll are "Daddy girls" and see your dad cry, if it's because of you or not, it's gonna make you cry. If you're already crying, it's going to make you cry more. I've been threw it many times now. My mom usually cries too. Yes, my REAL mom. She does this super desperate thing though which makes my heart wrench; she watches the car until she can't see it anymore. Seeing someone watching you drive away in your rearview mirror just makes it completely worse. I'm trying not to tear up now just thinking about it.
It's just plain out sad.
You want to know what's even more sad though? When your parents never call you back. It's almost like a smack in the face that they don't have the time for you anymore. You've grown up, moved on, and you don't need them. But what if I still need them? What do I do then? What do I do when I need to get advice from my dad which to me, knows everything in this whole world, but won't anwser his phone because he's too busy with your younger brother, or takes two days to call you back? What do you do then?
Great. I'm crying now.
But then, wait..My mom doesn't even know I'm moving to New Jersey when Wil gets out, instead of Illinois now. Want to know why? Because she doesn't call me.
I feel like once I left I just wasn't my parents problem anymore, and now they're too busy with their lives without me. It hurts me. I miss them. I wish they had more time to talk to me.
Ok... so the first part is Duane's parents. They practically jump on the car when its driving away yelling "Nooooo". And my parents are nowhere to be found.
ReplyDeleteSIGH.