13 December, 2011

Puppy Chow Recipe

Ever since I can remember, I made Puppy Chow during the holiday's. I never realized not everyone knew what Puppy Chow was. Last night I decided I wanted to make some, so I walked to the store and bought the ingredients. I didn't get around to it, but I did this evening. When I was checking out, the girl asked if I was making cookies. I told her "No, Puppy Chow", and she looked at me like I was CRAZY. She had never heard of it before, which I do not agree with! Others call it "Muddie Buddies". The recipe is actually on the back of the box of Chex Mix..BUT I don't go by the recipe completely, so I'll tell you my way

(This is the back of the box recipe)


What you will need:
  • Box of Rice Chex mix (9 cups)
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips. I use Milk Chocolate nestle chocolate chips.
  • 1/2 of creamy peanut butter (I just put two giant spoon fulls haha)
  • 1/4 of butter (I use the stick, but lay it out for it to go to room temp before using)
  • two ziplock BIG bags
  • ^with one and a half cups of powered sugar in each

Do you know how to make your own boiler thingy? put a pot with about an inch and 1/2 of water in it, and get it to boil..and then find a glass bowl that fits inside it but doesn't go to the bottom, just half way. You'll see mine in pictures below..

In a big bowl, put 9 cups (or less, or more) of chex mix in.



Make sure you put your powder sugar in the zip lock bags before hand also..




In the glass bowl BEFORE you put it on the pot, put chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a bowl. When the water starts to boil, put the glass bowl over it..


MIX LIKE HELLLLLLL for a long time!

When it is COMPLETELY melted and smooth, pour it all over the check mix and mix it all up so every chex mix it covered in chocolate. At first it won't look like it's enough, but I promise it is, just keep mixing and make sure you use a big spoon, and get underneath at the bottom too!




Once completely covered, scoop into ziplock bags, I put half in each bag and it works perfectly. Once you have half in each bag, close ziplock bag all the way (don't squeeze all the air out) and SHAKE LIKE HELL!!! for about 2-3 minutes until you are confident that ALL the chex mix is covered in the sugar




I let it cool down ahile before I eat them. The chocolate is still pretty warm. You can put them in the fridge for about 30 minutes if you're super desperate and want to eat it ASAP.

You can put them in super cute christmas bags or whatever and they work for great teachers and coaches gifts, or just gifts to anyone for that matter. Oh and they're supppper yummy


Ta-da!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, YUM!! I will have to try this. I have never heard of this before!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why I am so stupid I thought this was for an actual dog before I read the post (never heard of it). It looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!