13 November, 2011

Weekend!

I didn't know how much fun I was going to have this weekend! I have enjoyed my husband for four days all to myself basically, and it's been really nice, besides sometimes wanting to throw up all over the place. ;)

Friday morning we decided to go out to breakfast since Wil could eat free, we went to iHop, sat around and waited for a table for 45 minutes, and enjoyed a hot breakfast which is nice. We haven't been out to breakfast in forever, but come to find out, iHop wasn't doing the "Free meal for a Veteran" thing. We didn't care though, at least we got out of the house! We came home, took a nap, and then that night we decided to go to Five Guys in Morehead City. Wil first ate it a couple years ago in Wilmington, and then in NYC. I had never heard of it until he told me about it. When he was deployed they built one in Fairview Heights, where I do most of my shopping back home - It's the only close decent mall besides malls in St. Louis, and sometimes I just don't want to drive into the city. I still didn't eat it. So we decided to go, and it really wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be. They literally have articles about how good they are all over the building, but the fries weren't exciting at all. The burger was HUGE, and it was good, but not "GREAT" like I was expecting. Stake 'N Shake is so much better, oh how I miss it. They're building a five guys in Jacksonville now too!

On Saturday, yesterday, we woke up and went to the bank, then decided to go to the MCX. Wil bought his motorcycle helmet a long time ago, when he bought his motorcycle. I still didn't have a helmet, but I didn't mind. I didn't plan on riding with Wil until he was a little more experienced with the motorcycle, and I wouldn't ever ride without a helmet, and since we really didn't have an extra 200 dollars to blow, I was giving Wil all the time he needed to get a little bit more experienced and comfortable on the bike.

Wil had a 25% off any motorcycle gear coupon for the MCX, and when we got there, they only had a plain black one (IT MATCHES WIL'S!) in my size. I tried it on, and it was perfect. The guy that was helping us said we'd get 10% off since it was a display model! So come to find out, we got a 150 dollar helmet for about 80 dollars! I went on a ride with Wil yesterday and it was so much fun!, but very cold!

After we took a ride on the bike, we went to New Bern to meet up with Kerri and Carter. Carter and Wil was wanting to go to the gun show in New Bern, so they drug us girls along as well. Carter ended up buying a gun, and Kerri and I were stuck at the Scentsy table. I'm really debating if I should start selling Scentsy! :)

We all ate pizza for dinner and watch Crazy Stupid Love. It was such a good movie! Now, I was awake at 7 AM, and I'm just picking up the house while watching Jawbreaker, such a classic!..haha, then Cruel Intentions comes on! Wil's still sleeping, and I plan on doing laundry and relaxing all day :)

seven days until Ashley comes!

ten days until Daddy and Brother comes!

3 comments:

  1. We went to Olive Garden for the free meal. Hubs was super excited about it. I'm impressed you actually got on that motorcycle, brave girl. And Five Guys sucks. They hype it up like it's this super awesome Chipotle of burgers type of place.. and they have like 12 toppings. Big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sell Scentsy and its a lot of fun. I'm obsessed with the smells and have them in my car too. If you need a sponsor or have any questions ask away. It's a great company. I'm glad y'all got to spend time together. I can't wait until my marine is home from basic to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot!!!! :) can't wait to see you!!!! Excited!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!