My husband and I don't go out often. We haven't met many people in the Jacksonville area that enjoy our type of "fun". We may only be 22 and 20 years old, but drinking just isn't our ideal of fun. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a drink at a party, and some times I may even get a ltitle drunk and my husband will have to take care of me. I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner at times, or I may have a few glasses when company come over (okay, well obviously not now that I am pregnant! I know what was going through ya'll's head!) We just don't enjoy going out every, single, weekend. Call us old souls, maybe that's it, and I don't mind it.
Wil and I have our own type of "fun". If you would come to our house, we may seem boring. Really boring, I'm not going to lie. We enjoy cuddling up on the couch watching movies, playing with Charlie, and cleaning together to make sure our home is just the way we like it. Okay, maybe I'm the one always cleaning and nagging at Wil to help me more..but, that's off topic. We really aren't as "boring" as some may think we are, we just don't always show our "fun side". I think fun is going grocery shopping. That has to say a lot. I still get off on buying our own groceries for our own home, okay? Don't judge.
I come from a very out-going family. Some of you would probably run out of my step mom's front door crying. It can get scary. My sister's say embarassing things. They cuss, they're loud, obnoxious..and well, they don't care what anyone thinks of them. I'm the same way. You may not realize it from reading my blog, but I'm the person meowing at people walking downtown while I'm stuck in traffic; I'm the person that made up the "red car game" with my sister. You honk everytime you see a red car. Oh and try to count how many too, it gets interesting. I may be an over-analyzing anxiety freak at times, but when I'm with my sisters, brothers, or parents..all hell breaks lose. I just feel alive. I do with Wil too, don't worry, but with them, it's just different.
In our house, if you leave the bathroom door unlocked, we will come in. We don't care if your showering, shitting (TMI lol), or brushing your teeth, we WILL come in and we don't care. If you're in the shower and left the bathroom door open..well, that sucks for you; because SOMEONE will run to the kitchen, find the biggest container, and fill it with freezing water. If you're lucky they'll forget the ice cubes. I'm sure you know what happens next. Have you ever had someone flush the toliet on you while you're showing 14 TIMES? Oh I have, and all I could do was scream and cuss, but then laugh hysterically with my sister that was doing it. It's hard to explain. Some people say it's childish and stupid, but to us, it's life. It's fun, and we enjoy it. We do pranks.
Getting off track a little; My sister's best friend Abby made a fake facebook on her Ipod touch. She then started messaging me from this creepy guy's FB I didn't know. This person was explaining to me who was walking in and out of my house, what I was wearing, things from my past strangers wouldn't know. IT WAS SCARING THE HELL OUT OF ME. I was almost crying. I was yelling at my step mom to call the cops, and didn't know why she wouldn't. Her friend threw batteries at the garage door (I was inside the garage) and a message came up and said "I'm outside, I just proved it". I literally went outside and looked for this creep and was going to kill him. I was terrified! I was having my guy friends stand outside with me because I literally thought I was about to get kidnapped or murdered. It was Abby. All along, it was Abby, on her damn Ipod literally sitting RIGHT next to me. - End story ;)
The first time Wil and I ever stayed together alone in the beach house, when I visited last year before he left for Afghanistan, he took a shower. He didn't lock the door. He got a giant bowl full of freezing water dumped on him. I've done this more than once. I've also taped the spray thing on kitchen sinks (you know what I'm talking about, right?) and when he turned the water on, he got sprayed. I've been hiding in the kitchen with the sprayer in my hand, and shot him with it when he came looking for me. (I've done this to Charlie as well, so much funnier!) I prank. I love it. He still hasn't got me back, but he told me he has a plan. I'm actually quite nervous. This morning I was brushing my teeth and he was annoying me so I locked the bathroom door. He knocked on the door over, and over, until I opened it. I had water in my mouth and shot it at him since he was annoying me.
Wil and I slow dance in our living room, get excited about grocery shopping, sing to each other, fight over who has to change the liter box or do the laundry, and we love cooking with each other. We love each other, and we're pranksters.
Awe, I loved this post. It made me happy for some reason :)
ReplyDelete