So after waking up, the power going out, and only being able to watch a little bit of the news while eating a bowl of cereal, our power went off around 9 AM. I slept for like 4 hours, and Wil ended up joining me after sometime, we watched the movie and everything, and headed back home. We were so hungry. All we had to eat was chips. We didn't prepare at ALL, because William didn't think it was going to be all that bad. Once we woke up in the morning to sun shinning through our bedroom window, we knew for a FACT we would have power in no time! I asked Wil if we could go get breakfast since we still didn't have power at the moment. We took Charlie out, and headed into town, Jacksonville.
Everything was still close basically. Everyone was going crazy, and there were atleast 50 people at each gas station that was open. We finally were able to get gas, and we see that Sonic was open. So we go lunch, at 10 AM. We were hungry, okay? We went back to our house and decided we were not going to sit there all day, with no power. Plus, the power company didn't have an estimate to when our power would even be on! So we packed up what we could save out of our fridge and what we could make on a grill, packed up Charlie, and headed north to New Bern! (Wil's cousin Kerri lives there).
We got to Kerri's house, which doesn't have power either, and hung out. They have a grill so we made hamburgers for lunch and hot dogs for dinner. We made a trip around 12 PM to the Food Lion that opened and stocked up on chocolate and white wine. Kerri and I started sipping on wine fairly early...like as soon as we got back to her house from Food Lion, and they boys just made fun of us the day.
We all laughed about anything and everything. We were becoming stir crazy and it wasn't going to help just sitting around, so we packed up the dogs and headed towards down town New Bern. We walked around and looked at the park which was under water before. There were dead fish every where! Neither Wil or I had our phones on us or we would have taken pictures.
The power company finally called us once we were out, and informed us we wouldn't have power until Thursday at 11:55 PM. Let me remind you at this time, it's Sunday. Seriously, a week without power? What were we supposed to do?! So we called Breana, who saved us. We left Kerri's, went to our house and packed some stuff up, and went to Breana's house for the night.
The next day was any normal day, we both went to work and what not, and when I was taking the kids home and I stopped by my house, and to my surprise, WE HAD POWER! :)
So now, everything is back to normal. The only thing Irene did to us was make us suffer without power for three days, but we survived. Now I have loads of Pinteresting and home work to do. Can you guess which one is first on my list? ;)
Oh, and I will let everyone know...Wil and I are trying again!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I adore comments!