The guys were due home Thursday, June 2, 2011 and to be released to their families at 9:00 PM. WRONG. Around 2 or 3 Breana and I were still in pajamas, no showers, putting together a christmas tree (yeah, long story) when I got a phone call from "Future Hubby! :*". The first thing that popped in my mind was "Holy shit Wil is calling me from his cell phone for the first time in 7 months.", then I anwsered it after I stairred at the screen admiring what I saw for about 30 seconds. He said he was at Cherry Point. WHAT?! I haven't even showered yet!
For those who don't know, Cherry point is a smaller Marine base about an hour or so away from Camp Lejuene and that's where they usually fly into. So I jumped in the shower, rushed unlike I was planning to, and then Breana did the same. We went to Wil and I's hotel to check in and drop off Charlie, then we sped to base (which the boys were already on by this time, so yes, they beat us.)
When we finally got to the homecoming site, my nerves actually weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be..but that's a big thanks to my xanex. On our way to the barraks we saw the buses at the armory. It still didn't completely sink in that this was real.
We stood around with some friends, and Wil's parents and waited about 20 minutes, then the buses pulled up. I knew Wil was on the 3rd bus. I told him before to walk towards the red tent. I was searching through everyone with my eyes and then I heard breana say "there's Wil!" and I saw him. and I took off. I wrapped my arms around him and it felt like we hugged for an hour. It was literally the best feeling anyone could ever have.
Everything is normal. I feel like we went right back to where we left off. Nothing is different except we're closer than ever. I'm so happy to finally have the love of my life back and I never have to be without him, ever again.
We've done a lot since he's been home. We got new iPhones which I LOVE, and we switched to at&t which I love even more. We found the cutest townhouse ever that we got approved for that we have to go sign papers and stuff for today. Oh, and Charlie LOVES his daddy!
We've spent a lot of time with friends, and yesterday we looked at wedding rings. I found my dream ring (Wil I know you read this, if you're smart thats the one you will get! love you! haha) and we've just been having the best of times with each other. I'm so truly happy.
Leave starts the 14th and then we'll be on our way to New Jersey and Illinois. I'm so excited! :)
Here's some pictures now!
Breana and I waiting..
The first hug :)
and again.



Congratsss!!! I am so very happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats hun! Homecomings are the best feeling in the world and I am so happy things are falling into place for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm glad to hear he's back home. Enjoy it.
ReplyDelete