19 April, 2011

Let there be light!

Light is the keyword in my post today.

I can finally see light at the end of this long deployment tunnel. I feel like the days are creeping by, but as I look by they're actually flying by. 22 days until Breana and I make our journey to North Carolina. I have all kinds of emotions I feel like a pregnant woman (even though I don't know how pregnant women feel since I've never been pregnant), but I'll just blame my period.

Since Wil and I aren't married yet - which is another thing I need to blog about - our homecoming plans aren't as easy as most. We have to figure out how to book a place to stay without knowing exact dates. Thank god my best friend is already married to her Marine, because she is actually booking our beach house tomorrow. I can't believe it's already time to do that, and I'm so excited. Wil and I have our whole plan with the moving chaos right down to the "T" and I couldn't be happier because of my whole OCD planning problems.

We have decided that (try and read this carefully since it can get confusing). We're going to try our HARDEST to find a place to live before block leave. We will go to New Jersey for a week during his block leave, and then Illinois the next week. While we're in Illinois, we will buy all our furniture and everything in Illinois because we'll already be getting a Uhaul to move the little stuff I already have, and it'll just be easier that way. We plan to get married in Illinois during block leave, and have our ceremony in Septemeber of 2012.

My sister Brooke will be driving down and helping us move because two weeks after we get back to North Carolina, Breana and I will be making our way BACK to Illinois for her wedding, so Brooke won't have to get a plane ticket home, she can just drive back with us. I was talking to Mama J about how happy I am that the USMC will pay us back for the move, right in front of my dad, when he said "They only do that if you're married." Well shit. I basically told on myself with my big mouth.

So, I told my dad Wil and I were getting married this morning. He actually took it well. Of course Wil, will still be asking his permission. My dad said the only way he'd allow it is if he could be there, which we weren't going to do since it wouldn't be fair to the my real mom or his parents, but we decided if that's what my dad wants, that's what he will get.

I got highlights in my hair today and I love it. I will probably get them touched up before I leave for North Carolina, but it was finally time for some blonde! I'll post pictures tomorrow. Tomorrow my brother Ayden will offically be 5. I  cannot believe how big he is getting. We're so close and I'm going to miss him so much.

On other news, Charlie met his sister Nahla and they love each other. They're seriously best friends. Nahla wants to play but Charlie is a very lazy pup and rather sleep. Speaking of sleep, I better be getting some right about now.

Oh, and I have baby fever again. Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you babygirl. You are one of the strongest people I know, you have dealt with this deployment better than I could have ever expected, and I'm so proud of you. I hope the remaining time you're here flies by, because while I'm going to miss you so effing much, I know that you will be that happiest girl in the world when you are finally reunited with Wil. You know if I can afford it and if it doesn't conflict with scheduling, I'll come down to NC as soon as y'all are getting settled and help out in any way that I can. It almost brings tears to my eyes knowing how all of the plans you are wanting are falling into place. I love you dearly Candice Jo, and I cannot wait to be able to witness this fantastic journey for you.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!