Easter wasn't the same this year. It actually hasn't been the same the past two years. Today I didn't even see either one of my real parents. The girls had a friend coming in today due to the cancelations at St. Louis Airport from torando damage, so he arrived today. My dad arrived at Jaci's with food while we were gone and left before we got back. I got a text later on from my dad saying "I'm really going to miss you". This really stung.
My grandfather passed away two years ago and Easter was usually spent at his house. The other day when I spent time with Jessica we drove passed my grandpa's house (I also did today too) and we brought up this conversation; I feel like it's still my grandpa's house. I wanted to get married in that house, just like my parents did. I grew up in that house. That house is my Grandpa's house and I don't like knowing it's someone else's house now.
My dad is my best friend. He's been there for me through thick and thin. I'm comfortably ask him to bring tampons home. He's truly an amazing person, and I hate leaving him. I know it's going to be one of the hardest things I ever have to do. I'm getting upset now just thinking about it, but like I say to my sisters when they ask if I'm going to be homesick.."Of course I'm going to be homesick, I already am homesick in a strange, weird way, but everyone has to grow up at some point..right?"
18 days until Breana and I leave for North Carolina. 18's so little but seems so far away.
I'm all eastered out, and I'm ready to get this day over with. It's bedtime for me, hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
- I just thought of another thing I want to post about...so look for the second post! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I adore comments!