06 March, 2011

Skype

Recently I've been having mixed feelings about Skype. I got to see Wil's face for the first time since November about a week ago, and ever since then his friends been letting him borrow his webcam so we can Skype. It never works for us. We'll get connected and then it freezes, then It'll randomly just drop the video call. I'm not happy about it at all. Today it decided to quit working and then not even let us chat through Skype. Ugh.

Thank goodness for Gmail. Wil's always used Gmail and I recently made a Gmail account and it also has a video chat/chat program and you don't even have to download it! :) It works a lot better then Skype, thank goodness. I'm so happy with it.

Wil has a computer in his tent, but it doesn't have access to Facebook or Skype, etc. BUT he can check his e-mail on it, and since he can do that, we can use this chat/video chat even in his tent! We don't have to wait for the days he decides to walk to the tent with all the computers and phones in it, which makes me super happy.

Last night was good. I enjoyed watching movies and relaxing with Jessica. I love girl nights. I even loved it when she woke me up at 4 AM to help her find her phone that took us 20 minutes. She cracks me up even though she's something else sometimes. I so truly happy for her and her soon to be husband. Seeing her finally happy just makes me even happier! :)

Today so far has just been a chill day, and it's been much needed. I plain to take a bubble bath and nap soon, maybe a nap. I always want to take a nap, and say I'm going to, but never end up doing it. I just don't like sleeping my day away, but oh well. I do love sleep in general.

Tonight is the new season of Army Wives. I've watched every season so far. I know some people that don't like it because it seems unrealistic, but I still enjoy watching it because it helps me understand some things, even though it's Army and Wil is in the Marines. I still love the show. I love the support the wives give each other, and how it shows what kind of problems can happen in a Military Relationship. It might not help some people, but it sort of helps me.

Also tonight "Coming Home" comes on. It's a new show about Military personal that come home and surprised their loved ones. I'm sure I'll be crying, but I'm so excited for it! :)




Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you






My Tiffany and Co. Key Heart Locket William got me for Christmas means SO much to me. He took the time to order it and have it sent to me while he was deployed, which means a lot, but when I opened it I just couldn't help but smile. I excused myself away from my family when I read the card because I just had a feeling I'd bawl my eyes out, which I did, oh how well I know myself. ;) It has a picture of us together in it, and I haven't taken it off once (besides showers) since I've got it. 

Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss
Day 31 - A picture of yourself



3 comments:

  1. We had the same issues with Skype when my hubby was deployed. We gave up on using it until he was moved to a base where he could have internet in his room... Even then, the video chat never seemed to work. But, Skype was running a special, $3 for a month of unlimited calling. We signed up for that instead. It wasn't the same as video chatting, but we could talk more often because the hubs didn't have to wait in line or deal with time limits at the phone center.

    Sorry that you are having trouble with it too... It's such a good idea in theory, but I'm glad you guys are able to email often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah yeah i'm something else - I'm one of your best friends. so TAKE THAT.
    i do appreciate you helping me look for my phone though - that was such a disaster.
    and i'm happy that we're both happy, the happiest we've ever been.
    Remember, we have things to do this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE! That necklace reminds me of my Tiffany's snowflake that Mr.AB did the same, :) much love for the thoughtful men!!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!