Okay so I don't blog about Nahla often, so I'll tell you a little about her. She just recently turned a year old. She's a calico cat, and she's spoiled freaking rotten. I mean like, she sleeps in bed with me, and eats human food. She gets what ever her little heart desires and she does what she pleases..
This was Nahla about a year ago right after I got her. As you can tell, she's a spoiled little brat!
Well I've been having problems with Nahla. I'm thankful that Wil as accepted her little spoiled ass as his own even though he's not a cat person at all, he adores Nahla! Nahla started in heat about 2 months ago when she first turned a year old, like what most cats do. I'm currently jobless, and can't afford to get her fixed right now. I talked to Wil about it and he said it'd be one of the first things we do when I move to North Carolina, because of course I'm bringing Nahla along.
The problem is, she's been in heat for TWO months ever since she first had it, and I don't know what to do about it! She is seriously constantly meowing her little head off with this obnoxious what sounds like a scream, and she's rolling around the floor like she's having sezuires. I don't know what to do! :(
Any suggestions?!

Hey! If you go to the local humane society, they will often do it for a reduced cost or even for free. Most of the time you just have to ask, and they will do it for you, or they can refer you to someone else. I don't know exactly where you live, but the HSCI does it for like $25 and can get it even lower if you need them to. I think the MEHS does it for $75, but will also lower it :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.hscipets.org/spayneuterprogram.htm
http://www.mehs.org/services.html
Eeeek! My cat is in heat ALL THE TIME! It's so annoying. She wakes the entire house up during middle of the night.. We never got her fixed or declawed..big mistake! Now she's got this terrible personality and we've decided to get rid of her before Baby is here is June. She scratches and bites and is not friendly at all -- good thing my Mom wants her! But I have noooo idea what to do about the meowing. I would Google it! GOOD LUCK!
ReplyDeleteLook for a local Spay and Neuter clinic. Most areas have at least one and they will usually do it for free. Other than that, there is nothing you can do about a cat in heat aside from wait for her to go out of it. And keep her indoors because they can attract males from miles (literally MILES) around.
ReplyDeleteCats are induced ovulators, meaning she will not release an egg unless she mates with a male, so as long as you keep the boys away, she will eventually go out of it... Usually. But you need to get her spayed ASAP and most places are willing to do it while the female is in heat.
Just look for spay/neuter projects... many are also mobile.