25 February, 2011

I have to disagree

Okay so earlier I let y'all know I am reading this book;



Breana read it before me and let me in on a little information. She said somethings about the book really pissed her off, but in all, she did enjoy it. The book even states that You'll either laugh or want to throw the book.

Right now, I want to throw the book. I know what I'm about to say could possibly start a riot, and I know everyone has their different outlooks on the Military life, but I will let everyone know right now, I do NOT come second when it comes to the Marines. In the book, Mollie states that she understands she comes second in the marriage when it comes to the Marines, and she's excepted it. She also said she knows women don't always understand or believe they come second. Welp, I guess I'm one of them.

I understand the fact of when I marry Wil, I'm also marrying the Marine Corps, but I know for a FACT if Wil can help it, I will never be second. He will do his damn hardest to make that not happen. I'm number one in Wil's heart, not the Marines. SO..maybe I'm just not "accepting" the fact that I will come second, or whatever that book says right now, but my opinion is I will always come first to Wil. No matter what.

3 comments:

  1. I second this! My husband puts me first no matter what. Just b/c the Army doesn't put me first, doesn't mean I'm not first to him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have asked Stranger about this. Other wives told me that "you come third to God and the Army" I asked him what he thought.."You always come first...nothing and no one is before you." I guess I am on the same boat as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come second to God & that's it but what I think Mollie means is they HAVE to do what the military tells them regardless of what's going on at home/in the marriage.

    Cody & I would LOVE to visit home more often than we get to.. but the Navy disagrees. & I'm pretty sure she's just putting it into a perspective of that.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments!